The CBD industry is booming because of the promising health benefits that this cannabinoid compound provides. Cannabidiol or CBD has truly gained so much popularity in the world of health and wellness. It is a great pain reliever and helps reduce signs and symptoms of inflammation or infection. Is CBD a promising alternative medicine to protect and boost immunity?
In this post, you’ll learn more about how CBD can help ease inflammation so that you can choose the best CBD product for you and your loved ones.
CBD Has Anti-inflammatory Properties
Cannabidiol or CBD is effective for inflammation because it has natural anti-inflammatory properties. The human body is composed of an endocannabinoid system or ECS comprised of endocannabinoids, or endogenous lipid-based neurotransmitters that attach to cannabinoid receptors. The proteins of cannabinoid receptors are present in the immune system, as well as the peripheral and central nervous system, including the vertebrae and the brain.
Here are the good-to-know facts about CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties:
- CBD Attachment: The ECS is comprised of endocannabinoid molecules, cannabinoid receptors, and their metabolic enzymes, which help the body maintain homeostasis. CBD attaches to cannabinoid receptors and to your cells, creating pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects that help with infection control and pain management.
- CB2 Receptors: There are two types of cannabinoid receptors, including CB1 and CB2 receptors. CB1 receptors are usually present in the nervous system, while CB2 receptors play a role in the immune response by managing the signs and symptoms of pain and inflammation.
CBD Reduces Pain and Inflammation
As CBD enters the human body, it attaches itself to CB2 receptors, which trigger the body to produce natural cannabinoids. These natural cannabinoids attach themselves to CB2 receptors to counteract pain and inflammation.
In a CBD pain management study, cannabinoids, including CBD, can help treat pain. CB2 receptors are confined to immune and lymphoid tissues, which are proven to be essential mediators for suppressing inflammation and pain. CBD promotes the signaling of adenosine receptors, a neurotransmitter or nervous system chemical, which inhibits the perception of pain and promotes relaxation and sleep.
CBD Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease
Heart disease can be caused by different reasons, such as stress, an unhealthy lifestyle, diet, and bacteria. One type of heart disease is endocarditis or inflammation of the inner lining of the heart valves and chambers. Endocarditis occurs when fungi, bacteria, or other microorganisms spread and reach the heart from other parts of your body, such as the mouth and lungs.
For your heart health, it’s high time to consider taking high-quality CBD. It will help reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. You may consume CBD oil every day as a daily supplement to your heart medications.
Here are the different ways you can administer CBD for your cardiovascular health:
- CBD Infusion: You can add a CBD oil or tincture to your tea, coffee, smoothie, or any food or beverage. It’s a discreet and fun way to consume your daily dose of cannabidiol.
- CBD Edibles: When cooking or baking, incorporate CBD oil into your favorite dishes or pastries such as cookies, brownies, and pasta.
- CBD Vaping: If you prefer inhalation, you can vape CBD e-juice to benefit from the rapid effects of this cannabinoid. CBD can help promote stress relief by relaxing your tense muscles and also improve your mood, reducing your risk of heart disease.
- Sublingual CBD Administration: Place tiny drops of CBD under your tongue, and you’ll feel fast, relaxing effects within a few seconds. It’s a discreet method to administer CBD when you’re traveling.
CBD Is Immunosuppressive
The mechanism of CBD involves the direct suppression of immune cell activation. It promotes regulatory cells to help control other immune cells, thus reducing or eliminating signs and symptoms of inflammation, such as the following:
- Swelling and Redness: Blood rushes to the site, causing redness. CBD helps relax tissues for even blood distribution, thus reducing redness.
- Itchiness: Bacteria and other microorganisms may cause itchiness on the skin. CBD helps kill germs to reduce itchiness or irritation. This is why CBD is effective in treating acne, eczema, and other skin problems.
- Pain: CBD can regulate cortisol levels that cause increased pain due to inflammation or injury. Also, CBD can directly work with immune cells and enzymes to relieve pain.
Yes, CBD can help inflammation. Cannabidiol or CBD is a potent cannabinoid compound that can help reduce the signs and symptoms of inflammation, pain, stress, and anxiety. It’s good for the heart, nervous system, and the immune system because CBD attaches to cannabinoid receptors to stimulate immune, nervous, and heart responses, promoting health and wellness.
Original Article: https://orissadiary.com/can-cbd-help-inflammation-what-to-know/